About this Webinar
Are you looking for a career with flexible working hours? Would you like to work for the NHS but have no medical background?
Attend our Derby Jobs Live on 23rd June, 10am – 11am, to find out about the latest Vacancies from NHS 111.
What are the Vacancies?
- Health Advisors
- Service Advisors
- All based withing the contact centre at Pride Park in Derby
Who will the role appeal to?
- Parents looking to return to the workplace
- Those wanting flexible or part time employment
- Retired, but looking to earn some extra income
- Wanting to contribute to supporting those in need and supporting the NHS
- Mature student with a keen interest in providing care and support
- Employed, but wanting to earn an additional income
- Wanting to apply your knowledge in healthcare to a new role
- Interested in the learning you gain from this role, increasing your understanding of symptoms and treatment.
What do the roles entail:
- Answering telephone calls from members of the public and health care professionals.
- Using the NHS Pathways software
- You will provide the appropriate response based on the patient’s symptoms/needs.
- This could be to escalate the patient calls to a Clinical Advisor
- Dispatch an ambulance in the case of an emergency
- Book an appointment
- Refer onto, or provide, information about other available services
- Chance of career progression
- Access to NHS discounts?
What are the skills required?
- For Health Advisors you need to have previous experience in a care, customer service or a call centre environment.
- For Service Advisor no previous experience required.Both positions require excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Flexible full-time and part-time roles
- To work 6 out of 8 bank holidays (shift dependent)Work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Learn new skills and demonstrate a caring, professional attitude at all times
- You will have an opportunity to talk to staff already doing this job, to find out what it is like to be an advisor. Ideal for anyone wanting to work in a role providing care and support?
What are the hours?
- Minimum of 15 Hours per week to 37.5 hours per week.Variety of hours & shift patterns are available: Full time , Weekdays, Weekends, Part time, Evenings, Overnights
- Aged 18 +
What is the Service Advisor Pay?
- Weekdays:8am – 6pm - £9.50 per hour
- Evenings: 6pm- 11.59pm - £10.68 per hour
- Weekends: £11.76 per hour
- Bank Holiday up to x 2.5 hourly rate
What is the Health Advisor Pay?
- Weekdays: 8am – 6pm £9.84 for 6 weeks of training then £10.19
- Evenings: 6pm- 8am - £11.49 per hour
- Weekends: £12.69 per hour
- Bank Holiday up to x 2.5 hourly rate
If successful, you must be available full time for 7 weeks to complete the required training at Derby or Chesterfield. Training is paid at £9.50 per hour. Part-time induction training, is currently being trialled.
What are the benefits of working for DHU Health Care?
DHU 111 offer a professional working environment where you can expect continuous support to progress into a number of roles within the NHS 111 service, giving you long term job security and the opportunity for advancement. You can also enjoy the benefits of loyalty pay progression following 1 year and 2 years’ service post training.
If you become an employee of DHU, these are the benefits you can expect to receive:
- NHS Pension Scheme Westfield Health Indemnity Insurance
- Refer a Friend Reward Scheme
- Loyalty Award Training and Development
- Sick Pay Entitlement
- Competitive Salary
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Advantage of registration with NHS discounts
- Being part of a supportive & innovative team with scope for progression
How to Apply?
- Attend the session to hear how to apply direct to NHS 111 Or you can also apply via Derby Adult Learning DALS Guaranteed interview scheme.
- Derby Adult Learning Service have a 5-day programme, with a guaranteed interview, to understand more about the role and prepare you for your interview.
- The support will include: ▪ Basic First Aid training, ▪ Mental Health Awareness ▪ IT skills.
- Date commencing 4th – 8TH July Attend the session to hear more about the DALS course.
Where are the positions based?
NHS 111 are a call centre, based on Pride Park in Derby. Specialising in offering a locally provided service and are responsible for the care of approximately 5 million patients who live in the Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicester, Leicestershire, Rutland, Northamptonshire, Lincolnshire and Milton Keynes areas of the country.
If you are looking for a rewarding career, that makes a difference to people’s lives or perhaps you fancy a career change then a role as a NHS 111 Service/Health Advisor could be the role for you. Register today to attend our Derby jobs live session on the 23rd June to hear more.
For more information email Employmentandskills@derby.gov.uk