About this Webinar
Are you an Indigenous woman who is ready to take her business idea to the next step? Starting and creating your own business is life-changing, and it can be fun, exciting and challenging. The purpose of this introductory session is to provide you with information about:
• Entrepreneurship, to help you decide if owning a business is for you.
• Whether the timing is right for you to start a business venture.
The topics for discussion include:
• What is my vision?
• Is running a business truly for me?
• Where can I find the information I need to develop a plan?
• What financial information do I need to know?
• What is entrepreneurship?
• Realities of owning your own business
Bev brings over 20 years of project management experience dedicated to supporting Indigenous communities in the delivery of economic and entrepreneurial development plans. Over the years, her work has focused on developing partnerships with First Nation’s communities, industry and governments to turn concepts into realities for the benefit of communities and their peoples.
With AWE, as a Program Specialist, Bev is the project lead for “Strengthening Partnerships” launched in 2019. Bev has a passion for facilitating, mentoring + coaching Indigenous women entrepreneurs. She is a mother of 3 daughters and is a member of the Montreal Cree Nation in northern Saskatchewan. Having been raised on the land, Bev has nurtured her appreciation of nature and the beauty of these resources for healing.