About this Webinar
Rob Verkerk PhD is a sustainability scientist, researcher and campaigner with nearly 40 years of experience in the non-profit sector, academia and as a consultant. His extensive academic background in ecology and sustainable agriculture, including an MSc, PhD and postdoctoral fellowship at Imperial College London, helped him develop his passion for applying ecological and sustainability principles to healthcare.
In 2002, Dr Verkerk founded the Alliance for Natural Health (ANH) International and has acted as its executive and scientific director since. He has directed legal actions to protect the right to natural health, been at the forefront of developing science-based approaches to evaluating risks and benefits of natural therapies, and has been the principal scientist developing a new model for proactive, health regeneration and health system sustainability.
More about this webinar . . .
During this webinar Rob will take you through an introduction to his 10-hour online Discovery Course. The webinar will enable you to gain insight into this fascinating, emerging area of medicine and learn how Rob's course may benefit you in a personal and/or professional capacity.
Below you will find the learning aims, an introductory film and a link to enrol if you feel this course is right for you.
More about Rob's 10-hour online Discovery Course . . .
- To introduce the emerging discipline of Lifestyle Medicine (in the context of Preventative Medicine, Integrative Medicine, Precision Medicine, Complementary (and Alternative) Medicine, and Conventional Medicine)
- To demonstrate the extent and nature of the burden of non-communicable and metabolic diseases on human health and health systems
- To learn to interpret health, resilience and disease states from systems biology, ecological and evolutionary perspectives
- To learn how to structure and assess determinants and risk factors of lifestyle diseases
- To identify key lifestyle factors that contribute to multi-system dysregulation and metabolic diseases
- To compare top-down public health policy and messaging with bottom-up individual engagement in Lifestyle Medicine (guided and self-care)
- To learn clinically verified ways of motivating and engaging people in behavior and environmental change
- To understand key tenets of Lifestyle Medicine prescription, potential obstacles and barriers, as well as monitoring of compliance and outcome measurement