About this Webinar
- The philosophy of different programming paradigms: Imperative (e.g. Object-Oriented Programming) vs. Declarative (e.g. Functional Programming)
- Core concepts in Functional Programming: side effects, pure functions, function composition via higher-order functions, immutability, and more
Who this workshop is for:
If you are earlier along in your learning journey, you should look for other introductory-level workshops (https://www.hackreactor.com/events) that are better suited for your skillset and study progress.
How to Prepare:
- Have the Zoom Client for Video Meetings installed well before the webinar begins: https://zoom.us/download
- Any other relevant information and download requirements before the event
Taught live online:
- 2 Hours – 5:30pm - 7:30pm Pacific Time
- Link to join the workshop will be provided to you once you RSVP.
About Your Instructor
Eric Chiu is a Hack Reactor alumnus who currently works as a Software Engineer at a Fortune 500 company. Eric graduated with a bachelor's degree in chemical engineering and, after deciding that the rig life was not for him, he enrolled in the Hack Reactor Software Engineering Immersive. When Eric is not coding, he enjoys running in the morning and loves spending time with his puppy in the evening.
To learn more about Galvanize, click here: https://bit.ly/2ZKh5Uo
Connect Before and After The Event
Want to connect with others in tech before the event? Join us in the Galvanize Tech Community Slack to discuss topics in the industry, meet other coders ranging from rookies to veterans of their industry, cheer each other on while learning how to code, and more. Use the hashtag #StartAConversation to get the topics flowing!
Galvanize is the premiere dynamic learning community for technology. With campuses located in booming technology sectors throughout the country, Galvanize provides a community for each the following:
Education - part-time and full-time training in web development, data science, and data engineering
Workspace - whether you’re a freelancer, startup, or established business, we provide beautiful spaces with a community dedicated to supporting your company’s growth
Networking - events in the tech industry happen constantly in our campuses, ranging from popular Meetups to multi-day international conferences
To learn more about Galvanize, visit https://www.galvanize.com/
Data Science Bootcamp: https://www.galvanize.com/data-science-bootcamp
Software Engineering Bootcamp: https://www.galvanize.com/web-development
Contact Admissions: https://admissions.galvanize.com/